Friday, October 28, 2011

A Married Woman... wait, what?!? :D

You know how as a little girl you always dream of the day you will get married? The day when you will finally have that special person in your life who loves you and wants to spend the rest of his life with you? The day you will change your last name to his and then start living the story God has written for the two of you together? Well, that beautiful day has come for me and I couldn't be happier! God blessed me with a man who is the most tender, loving, committed, goofball, and yet the sweetest guy out there. Each day I cannot believe how much my life has changed now that I am his! I have a boatload of new responsibility but it is all worth it to have a loving husband counting on me. Sometimes I just sit here in my new adorable little home and wonder how on earth all these wonderful things happened to me...? I mean, I've always dreamed they would but now that they actually have, it's just too good to be true. I keep thanking God over and over again for all the little things that put a grin on my face and a song in my heart. :) 
I know I've only been married two weeks now, (has it really only been two weeks?) but it hasn't been anything I expected... It's been 10x better! I am so blessed it just doesn't feel real yet. Almost like one of these mornings I will wake up to find this all a wonderful dream.  Thank goodness that will never happen. ;)   

To close this rambling post, I'd like to thank my Heavenly Father for all He has done in my life and the life of my husband. Also I'd love to share a picture of me with my love on our wedding day and my most favorite verse with y'all...


"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."  ~Jeremiah 29:11

Until next time!
God bless!
~Mrs. Ryken
(*grins* I love that^^ name!!)

5 comments:

  1. Congrats Melinda, to you and Justin, from CA!! Sorry we couldn't be at the wedding. I know it was a wonderful day. May the Lord bless you as a helpmeet to your beloved.
    Many, many Blessings, Mrs.H

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blog, Mrs. Ryken!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just found out you have a new blog! Does it feel natural yet to say your name is Melinda Ryken? :-) Love the picture in this post.
    I've got a post in the works on my photo blog of pictures I took from your wedding (hope that's ok?)... hopefully I will have it up sometime next week!
    Looking forward to more posts from the new Ryken household. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mrs. H, thank you! I am sorry as well that my CA family couldn't be there but I understand. I miss y'all and hope things are going great over there! :)
    Love you!

    Jen- Aw thanks! I loved setting it up! :) *laughs* I wonder when the newness of that name will wear off. ;)

    Kathryn, it's kinda funny cause in one way it feels totally natural and in another way it's still so new/different/exciting! :)
    Oh go right ahead and post whatever pictures you have! I'd love to see what you got. I'll be checking your blog next week to see them. :D
    Thanks! There should be one up soon!
    Love you! <3

    ReplyDelete